Thursday 7 July 2011

90's kids.

It is weird being home in the daytime. I don't mean at a weekend. I mean on a weekday. Does anyone else feel incredibly naughty? I think I've still got the mindset that I'm at school and sneaking a day off. I do remember they used to have better stuff on TV when I was ill and off school. For starters, everyone must remember the programme that I forget the name of - you know! - the one with the magic pencil and traced the alphabet so you could learn how to write letters. 'Cuuuurrvvvveeee, and FLICK!' (i remember the flicks)
And that programme that had the spanish mouse who was a bit of a gangster, and swang everywhere on a rope. What was his name?!

I feel sorry for the children of today who do not have Sky, Virgin etc, and have at these to entertain themselves.

BBC 1 - Britains Bravest Cops    ..not that suitable but I suppose it teaches them early
BBC 2 - Guess With Jess        ..looks like an LSD inspired spin off with Postman Pat's cat
ITV - Lorraine                        ..Target range probably 30 years older than kiddies
Channel 4 - Friends               ..maybe slightly out of the kids range
Channel 5 - Who cares, no one watches this channel anyway.

It just doesn't have quite the same ... educational feel. You would sit in your duvet, wanting more Calpol because it tastes nice, and watch hours of educational kids programmes. You can't blame the tiny rogues of society today - they have The Jeremy Kyle Show to keep them entertained for the morning (totally unsuitable - but has the potential  entertainment if one of their favourite phrases was "Why didn't you put something on the end of it?")

It led me to remember the shows I used to adore when I was a younger, cuter version of myself.

Alvin and the Chipmunks   
The Moomins
Goosebumps - if I made it through the opening sequence without crying at the dog with red eyes
Raggy Dolls - MASSIVE FAN
Power Rangers - I still get teased about running into my mum and dad in the morning and shouting histerically 'The Power Rangers were in my dream last night, and they were CHASING ME'
Zzzap - Oh wow. This was probably my favourite ever.
Kenan and Kel
Rosie and Jim
Postman Pat
Come Outside - Oh wow. Aunty Mable. Pippin. I LOVED THAT SHOW!!!
Fireman Sam
Noddy
Smurfs
Tots TV
Y'von of the Yukon - what a legendary Intro song
Barney
Brum! What a badman sneaking out all of the time.
Top Cat
Art Attack - this guy was incredible!
Chucklevision - oh dear......oh dear oh dear
RugRats - I even have the PS1 games
Wacky Racers
Bodger and Badger - MASHED POTATO

Just watching this makes me feel ultra happy and makes me miss being a child. I've watched about 4 episodes of Zzzap now on Youtube and should definitely make a reappearance.

4 comments:

  1. Power Rangers was amazing! You've missed off Wizardora, Tots Tv and of course Sister Sister though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tots TV is on there numpty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was 'words and pictures' the show with the pencil and EL NOMBRE! for the mexican mouse! WHAT A LEDGE! ahhh i love your blogs lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a Numpty!!! Tbf you have a good selection here, what about The Herbs, its classic.

    ReplyDelete