Sunday 15 January 2012

Having a clear out.

Do you not think clearing out your stuff is the most therapeutic task in the world? Cleansing my room of the horrendous and frankly useless clothes and objects fills me with so much joy - it sounds weird that I merrily fling my possessions into the bin without a care in the world, but hey, its the way I roll.


The last time I cleared out my room I stayed up until 2am throwing out my stuff; I believe it was a productive evening, as I ended up with 2 bin bags full of stuff hauled out of my room. Result!


That clear out was exactly a week ago, and here I was this evening starting to throw stuff out again. You must be wondering how I manage to keep all this junk in my room, and wondering whether my room is actually a warehouse? Alas no, it is small, cosy, and cramped with crap.


Therefore I decided to document some of the shit I was throwing out of my life forever, and converted it into a blog that has little words, but more pictures. But you know what they say...


 'a picture is worth a thousand words'


and in some of these pictures, you will see why.


Prepare for totally embarrassing photos.

A little help here please.
Firstly, I tackled my 17 pairs of jeans. Why do I need that many, unless they are beautiful pairs of jeans? I can tell you now, only about 3 pairs are, so I tried them all on, and cleared a lot out. Mostly because they couldn't fit, but we won't go too much into that as I will start regretting my large helping of apple crumble earlier...







Hi! My name is Vicky, and
I've lost a stone!
(or not)
As you can see, there were some variations.... One pair that physically hurt to wear (above picture), I couldn't do them up to save my life. And another pair that made me look like I was a successful member of LighterLife or WeightWatchers or something. Out they went - even though I almost felt proud of losing loads of weight, even though they were once my mums, and never mine at all :(




I then stumbled upon these absolute gems. I genuinely know for a fact these hats have never left my room, let alone the house! Which is a good job really, or I wouldn't have any friends. But why do I still have them?! However, they came into some good use as they amused me for a few minutes -  I got to take photos of myself looking silly.


What is this hat for?! A chef
who requires a visor perhaps?

I saw myself as a train
conductor, and I was looking
for the train.
Don't ask.











No biggie. I have a hat that
has Cheestrings on it. Well,
I don't anymore.





The sort of hat you put on
babies that don't have a choice
of what they wear. Cringe!



Swimming pool volleyball anyone?


I can't even tell you about how excited I got when I found this - I started having a header contest with myself against my wall. Must remember this the next time I go abroad.... Or not. In the bin you go!









Now I know, if I ever fit into this again, I will be severely underweight and I will need medical attention. However, I'm keeping it for unknown reasons. 





BUT I managed to dig out the total babe who wore this dress - here is the fat, unhappy, ginger child at a wedding - the organ scared her too much and she had to be taken out crying, and comforted with a bag of grapes. Totes wasn't me....

I don't want grapes, I WANT CAKE.





Well it is safe to say that giving me a shift from 4am - 8.30am the day after Boxing Day ensured that I didn't love the Next sale, quite the bloody opposite actually. I will keep the t-shirt though, as it is as important as a trophy, as it showed I got up at 3am to go to work once.




Don't know what this is so I put it on my head.

I recommend every ginger should buy this book.
Life doesn't have to be hard.

And then lastly, the only thing that has kept me here today. I owe my life to this book, as it is true to its word, I have survived. Thank you ginger book.


I have to say I am sorry readers, I have been very lazy with my blog lately, not actually blogging about something that means something in the world; it is usually about my sorry excuse of a life and how strange I may be. However, I hope people who read this will get to know me a bit better.... maybe that is a bad thing. But hey, I promise next time children, I will write something far more intellectual. 


Possibly. 

1 comment: